Saturday, November 29, 2008

No TWD for me

I know, I know. I have been AWOL from Tuesdays with Dorie for the entire month of November. My kitchen was gutted the week of October 13th, and we've been cooking in the microwave and on the grill exclusively since then. Alan the contractor got things together enough for me to bake pies on Thanksgiving (a comedy in four acts that I'll share once I've recovered from it), but it was a temporary lull in our life in the construction zone. The other (more dedicated) TWD bakers made the Thanksgiving Twofer Pie, chosen by Vibi of La Casserole Carree. Check out the other TWD bloggers for the scoop on this intriguing pie. I hope to rejoin the TWD bakers in a couple of weeks, once the kitchen is complete (or complete enough for me to unpack the boxes in the living room!) As for Pie Day, I have tales to tell and photos to post but right now I feel like a bowl of oatmeal.  TTFN!

No comments: