Thursday, March 26, 2009

CEiMB - Chicken with Mango Barbeque Sauce

Somehow, my internal calendar broke down for this one. I was together enough to buy all the ingredients but I mysteriously forgot that I needed to cook them until I woke up this morning. Uh oh.

Fortunately, Ellie's recipe is pretty easy to put together, and I was able to make the mango barbeque sauce before work. After work, I opted for slicing the chicken breasts rather than pounding them. The grill is still buried behind construction materials in the garage, so these had to be sauteed in a pan and finished in the oven. Even so, this was easy and quick once the sauce was made. And good news: the sauce is even better if you make it in advance. I tasted it right after I made it and it was OK, but not thrilling. After it hung out in the fridge all day, it was delicious! I used less sauce for the marinade than Ellie called for, but only because I wanted more to put on the cooked chicken.

This yummy pick is courtesy of Aggie at Aggie's Kitchen. Thanks, Aggie! My only regret is I wish it was mango season, so the mango would contribute its exotic aroma and taste in a more impactful way. 

Check out what the other Craving Ellie in My Belly bloggers did here. And definitely check out the book The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger. It's chock full of yummy recipes that are healthy and delicious.

8 comments:

Marthe said...

Your chicken looks really good! Now I'm really looking forward to dinner tonight: leftover chicken with mango-bbq sauce, yum!!

Peggy said...

The leftovers were just as good as the original! We loved this. Yours looks great!!

Craving Ellie in My Belly said...

Glad to hear the sauce got better after hanging out a bit. I will have to retry some of my leftovers that have been sitting in the fridge.

AJM said...

My sauce got spicier - i.e. better! - after a day in the fridge too!

farah said...

I really liked this recipe. Your chicken looks really yummy :)

Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

I love anything mango.

Anonymous said...

The mango bbq sauce sounds delicious.

Jaime said...

you know there's an easier way to cut a mango right? you need to slice it horizontally above and below the seed... try googling it, or email me for more info :)