Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Translucent Maple Tuiles


I have a tenacious case of tendonitis in my wrist, which has brought my blogging, commenting and tweeting to a screeching halt. Fortunately, I made these tuiles before the doctor knew how much my wrist hurt (I deliberately waited to see the doctor until after Thanksgiving). I would have been so sad to miss them since they're delicious and were picked by my blogging friend, Clivia of Bubie's Little Baker. Tasty, beautiful and easy, all in one delicate cookie.


The only tricky part of this recipe (other than not eating all of them by myself) could be scraping them off the sheet pan and transferring them to your rolling pin. I baked them in small batches so they wouldn't cool too much to flex on the rolling pin. Then I got lazy and decreed the rest would be flat. None of my tasters seemed to care if they were flat or curved because they're so amazingly yummy.

Thanks, Clivia, for picking a real winner. If you'd like to see what the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers did with this one, you'll find them here. And Clivia has the recipe for you here.


You only have a few days left to enter my giveaway! BlogHer and Ghirardelli chocolate teamed up and they're offering a $100 Visa gift card to one lucky person who leaves a comment here. And maybe less enticing than a $100 gift card is my recipe for double chocolate scones. In a word...dangerous. Check them out while you're entering the giveaway.

15 comments:

Kayte said...

They look beautiful...more like art than food! Taste however is more like food than art as these were delicious. I bet you could make a chocolate version of these!

Hindy said...

Your tuiles are beautiful and simple as they were meant to be. Great work. Thanks so much for baking along with me this week!

Cakelaw said...

Gorgeous tuilles. Hope your wrist gets better soon.

TeaLady said...

tuilles look great. These were so lacy, delicate, and easy to make. They look perfect.

Hope your wrist is better very soon. We miss ya!!

Unknown said...

Nice work on the tuiles Leslie - they look so pretty with the curved shape. Mine didn't set up so I've got tuile envy :)

Sorry to hear about your wrist. I hope you get some relief from the pain.

Mary said...

They look lovely! Glad you got to make these, but now look after that tendonitis! I had it in my shoulder once and it took some time and physio to heal. All the best.
:)

Diana's Cocina said...

I love these~they look beautiful!

spike. said...

hope your wrist is doing better! Your tuiles look great

Di said...

Those look great, Leslie! I hope your wrist (and your other thumb) are doing better. =)

Hanaâ said...

Sorry to hear about your wrist. I hope you feel better soon!
Your tuiles look great. The curved ones look really fancy :o)

Judy said...

Nice-looking lacy tuiles! Hope your wrist feels better soon. It's so easy to over-use it.

Anonymous said...

They look perfect! I hope you're able to get some relief for your wrist soon.

Mary said...

I hope your wrist feels better soon. I think we have the exact same kitchen countertops :).

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious tuiles
hope you will get better soon
check out the event and contest in my site when you get a chance
regards

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I haven't had a chance to make these yet but yours look perfect! :) I hope your wrist feels better soon!