Saturday, March 3, 2012

Emergency Blender Cupcakes with Fudgy Frosting


How irresistible is an easy cupcake recipe you can throw together at the last minute? Especially a moist, chocolatey cupcake? So irresistible that I started these tonight at 8:15 in an effort to make it under the wire to post them on time. All in all, it took less than two hours to complete them (as in wearing icing) and would have taken less if I wasn't goofing off on Words with Friends. I used one of my favorite tricks to cool them off, using my granite countertop to pull the heat out of the cupcakes.

This recipe is from The Weekend Baker by Abby Dodge, and I made it for ABC Bakers. Hanaa has raved about the deliciousness and ease of the cupcakes, so as I worked, I weighed all of the ingredients for which she only gave volume measurements. I knew I would be making them again and I love recipes that I can weigh everything into either the mixing bowl (or blender jar in this case) or a measuring cup.

Hanaa had mentioned that she'd never made the frosting because she always has some extra frosting in the freezer, and I wish I was similarly afflicted. The frosting just didn't do it for me. Maybe it was the sweetened condensed milk. Next time, I'll make a ganache, let it cool and whip it until it's light and fluffy.

These cupcakes are too good to save for an emergency, unless your emergency is needing a quick chocolate fix. If you're craving an easy chocolate entreat, you can find the recipe here. And check out the other ABC Bakers' cupcakes here.

14 comments:

gg said...

That's one yummy looking cupcake. I am a chocoholic so that's my kind of cupcake!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

This cupcake looks incredibly rich and decadent, but I can't get over the fact that you made them in a blender. That's so funny! I wonder if it's possible to do that with other cupcake recipes? I'm a fan of anything that reduces the amount of dishes I have to wash...

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

What a crazy idea, using a blender. I'm guessing the batter is not too thick. Gorgeous photo of a yummy looking cupcake!

Unknown said...

Cupcakes I can make in a blender? That is pure genius. I definitely need to give these a try, and soon! And thanks for the heads-up on the frosting, I'll top them with a different one :)

kitchen flavours said...

Your cupcake looks lovely! And we love the fudgy frosting, I did lessen the amount of condensed milk, which I completely forgotten! These cupcakes are indeed delicious! Wish you a lovely week!

Anonymous said...

Yum. Your cupcake looks great. I'm on a quest for a perfect cupcake recipe. I'll have to try this one.

TeaLady said...

Love quick! Love chocolate. Would love these!! Interesting about the frosting. I have never made one with sweetened condensed milk.

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking cupcakes sounds and looks fabulous

Cindy said...

Who doesn't need a quick chocolate fix. This gem looks delicious!

Lois B said...

The perfect frosting delivery system!

Hanaâ said...

Your cupcakes looks beautiful. Weren't these cupcakes great? That's why I've made them at least a dozen times already. Sorry you didn't like the frosting. It sure looks pretty atop the cupcake. I also like your cupcake liner. It didn't become dull during baking but kept its vivid colors!
I finally posted my cupcakes and the different varieties I've made over the last couple years (frostin-wise).

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I am loving the concept of a "cupcake emergency"! I'm impressed that you're doing the ABC bakers; I got as far as purchasing the book. I'd take one of those cupcakes and would happily render my verdict on the frosting.

Anonymous said...

They look great, and I just happen to have some frosting in my freezer!

Janis said...

They look so fudgy...YUM! :-)