Friday, July 1, 2011

Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Cookies


The rest of the Tuesdays with Dorie bakers made these sour cream chocolate cake cookies earlier in the week, but I've been working a little extra time (our fiscal year-end was yesterday). I've done other baking, so it wasn't really a lack of time that led to my procrastination, it was the ho-hum feeling I had about these. Sour cream in my cookies? Really?

By now I know better than to judge a recipe from Baking From My Home to Yours by the name or ingredients. So I finally made these last night, sour cream and all.

I'm not a huge fan of raisins, but I had some golden raisins in the pantry which I'm trying to use up (look for an update on my dirty little secret soon).

These cookies are not the first from this cookbook that were cake-like. In fact, I dubbed these jam cookies cakies for their cake-like texture.

Mine rose nicely in the oven and didn't deflate. They were moist, chocolaty and the raisins added a nice little chew that even I had to admit was a nice change of pace. Overall a good cookie, though one that could only get better with a little ganache sandwiched in. I didn't have time for that, but it would be goooood.

Many thanks to Spike of spike bakes for hosting this week. If you'd like the recipe, she has it for you here.

4 comments:

Kayte said...

My favorite "It Looks Like a Party" plate! Yours look excellent.

Katie said...

These cookies are just delicious looking. I'd like to sink my teeth into one right now!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, your site is gorgeoous, as are the photos! These cookies look insanely rich and delicious. However, I'm really loving the date nut bread below. Used to eat it as a kid with cream cheese.

BTW..wanna cook through another book? I'm giving away one on my blog, with coconut oil :) Not Dorie, but Mark Bittman is awesome! Hope you are doing well!

spike. said...

your cookies look perfect (and love that plate). Definitely a cookie that benefits for a little something like ganache. Thanks for baking with me