Monday, July 26, 2010

Blueberry Streusel Muffins


When I was 8 and on vacation with my family in Mexico City, I became violently ill shortly after eating blueberry pancakes at IHOP. Since that day, blueberries and I have had a shaky truce. I eat them fresh in small amounts, but never as the star in a recipe. I will never arm wrestle you for the last blueberry muffin. I rarely make blueberry anything (except for a slammin' blueberry buttermilk tart), so today's blueberry streusel muffins were quite the event.

I figure if anyone can make me like blueberries, it's the queen of all things delicious, Ina Garten. So I was excited when Maria of Close to Home selected blueberry muffins for the first Barefoot Bloggers recipe for July (thanks, Maria!). And these muffins were good (especially since I upped the amount of streusel), but not great enough to make me rethink my tendency to avoid blueberry muffins. They lasted for hours at work, but it was a week when a lot of people were out of the office. If you'd like the recipe, you can find it here.


We have a relaxed posting deadline for Barefoot Bloggers in July and August, so I hope I'm not the only one posting these later in the month than normal. I'll be skipping the Greek panzanella salad (chosen by Tara of Smells Like Home). Sorry, Tara!

3 comments:

Hanaâ said...

These look delicious! Good idea on upping the streusel amount (can never have too much, in my book). Sorry these didn't make you love blueberries more. I made Banana Blueberry bars last Thu and again last Sat, and they were a big hit! Will try to post them soon.

Anonymous said...

They look delicious, and I'm sure the blueberry lovers enjoyed them. It takes a long time to recover from a bad food experience!

Nachiketa said...

Looks totally delicious....

Daring Baker - Swiss Swirl Icecream Cake

Cheers,
The Variable, Crazy Over Desserts - Nachiketa
Catch me on facebook @ Crazy Over Desserts